Limo Anywhere’s New Passenger Web App (PWA): Questions and Answers
- Posted By: stephanie LMC
We recently announced the upcoming launch of our Passenger Web App (PWA), and we have received a number of questions from users, whether they’re currently using a company-branded mobile app or are looking to offer mobile booking to their clients for the first time.
Q. How does the PWA differ from the branded passenger app?
A. The branded passenger app is a Native App, while the PWA is a Progressive Web App. PWAs have certain advantages over Native Apps such as:
- Easy shared via URL
- Installation without download
- Saves storage space on devices
- Greater online visibility and SEO
- Instant updates to provide users with the latest experience
- Increased conversions
- Reduced load times
- Single app that works across multiple platforms/browsers and operating systems
Key Benefits to PWA for Limo Anywhere Users
- Mobile Booking – easily allow your customer to get rates and book on the go anywhere their travel takes
- Track Ride Capabilities – your customers can track status updates, ETA, driver and car info, and see exactly where the driver is located on GPS in the app
- Book on Behalf – Allows Billing Contacts or Booking Contacts to book for their Passengers or Guests
- New Technology – the technology used for the PWA is new and provides better conversion rates, increased user engagement, offline availability, faster performance, and easy installation.
Q. What is a Progressive Web App?
A. A Progressive Web App is an application that is a hybrid of regular web pages and a mobile application. This allows the application the ability to use the best features of modern web browsers combined with the features and usability benefits of a native mobile application.
Progressive Web Apps are still websites, so users can access them just like any website. However, when they land on a PWA, users will still get the feel of a mobile app without the need to download. The user does not need to install but will be given the option to. If they choose to install it, the application icon is added to home screen/app drawer of the device.
Progressive Web Apps are not limited to mobile only. They can be implemented on desktop as well.
Q. What does this mean for users who currently have company-branded apps?
A. You can keep your current branded app if you want to have apps available for your clients to download from their respective mobile stores.
Currently, Limo Anywhere will not be updating the branded app, and the PWA is more robust than the older app. Users who are interested in transitioning from their branded app to the PWA can contact Support at 888-888-0302, Option 2 and discuss that process in greater detail.
Q. Is there a way to track clicks within the PWA?
A. In the next month or so, the app will have Google Tag Manager.
Q. What does the PWA cost?
A. The PWA has a $99 monthly fee, which will be automatically added to your future monthly invoices (if your next monthly invoice is due in less than 30 days from adding the PWA to the account, the first monthly charge for PWA would be on the following monthly invoice in August).
To sign up, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking to add PWA to your account. In your request, please include your Limo Anywhere company ID. If you don’t know just include your full company name, and our staff will find it for you. You may cancel the PWA at any time by sending an email to email@example.com which will remove any monthly charges for the module going forward.
How to Access Our PWA
Our Passenger Web App (PWA) can be accessed from any mobile browser with internet connection at the URL: pwa.mylimobiz.com/company_id
Note: Replace company_id in the URL with your actual Company ID. If getting the “Company Not Found” page, please check the URL or contact the Limo Anywhere Support Team.
Mobile Browsers supported: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.
How to Add Our PWA to Your Home Screen
- Open your mobile browser
- Enter in the PWA URL
- Once the PWA loads, you will either get a pop-up that prompts you to Install or go into the browser menu and Add/Install (depending on browser)
- Examples from Chrome and Firefox on Android:
- Example from Safari on iOS:
As always, if you have questions or need further assistance, please reach out to Support at 1-888-888-0302 x2.