Welcome to Fort Worth!
A message from Limo Anywhere President Sean Arena
Greetings, fellow LA Academy attendees! As we near the event, I just wanted to pass along a few of my local favorite dining and entertainment recommendations for those of you Fort Worth newbies.
We will be hosting a cocktail reception the first evening (September 10th) at the Omni hotel at 7p CST. The second evening you are free to go about your business and experience our amazing local scene.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Best scenery: Reata (rooftop) in downtown or Joe T. Garcia’s (stockyards)
- Best Tex Mex: Mi Cocina (downtown) or Uncle Julio’s (Camp Bowie)
- Best wild game menu: Lonesome Dove (stockyards), Bonnell’s (Bryant Irvin).
- Best barbeque: Heim (Magnolia), Cooper’s (stockyards), Risky’s (downtown)
- Best pizza, wings & sports bar: Buffalo Brothers (downtown)
- Best seafood: Waters (downtown)
- Best steak: Mercury Chophouse, Del Frisco’s, or Capital Grille (downtown).
- Best churrascaria: Texas de Brazil (downtown)
- Best beer selection: Flying Saucer (downtown)
- Best wine bar: Kent & Co (Magnolia)
- Best cigar bar: Silver Leaf (downtown), Pop’s Safari Bar (7thSt.)
- Best honky-tonk: Billy Bob’s (stockyards)
- Best western saloons: White Elephant (stockyard)
- Best piano bar: Pete’s Dueling Pianos (downtown)
- Best Speak Easy / Lounge: Scat Jazz Lounge or Thompsons (downtown)
- Best Irish/English pubs: Winchester Tavern, or Durty Murphy’s (downtown)
- Best night club: Studio Eighty (downtown)
- Best concert hall: Bass Performance Hall (downtown)
- Best zoo: Fort Worth Zoo (top 5 in the nation – on University)
- Best area for nature/outdoors: Botanical Gardens (near downtown), Water Gardens (downtown)
- Best museums: Kimball Art Museum and FW Natural History Museum (cultural district)
- Best areas for upscale shopping: Sundance Square (downtown) or The Shops at Clearfork
Also, for those of you NFL football fans out there, don’t forget that the Dallas Cowboys are playing the NY Giants at Jerry World in Arlington that Sunday before the Limo Anywhere Academy event.
The hotel should honor the conference rate/discount for anyone wanting to extend your stay +/- two days. If you run into any trouble booking beyond the conference date window, just let us know.
We’ll see you next month!