The Spam Folder Trap: How to Ensure Your Emails Reach the Inbox
It's crucial to maintain the security and trust of your online presence, especially when it comes to email communication. To make sure your emails reach your recipients' inboxes, it's important to set up email authentication for your custom domain (some of you may need to get a custom email address with your domain, click here to learn more). Using free email services like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or others for business emails is not recommended as it can cause delivery issues and lacks professionalism. It's best to have your own custom email address with your business domain.
Once you have your custom email address based on your domain name you should follow the instruction below.
Step-by-Step Guide to Domain Authentication for Limo Anywhere Users:
- Understand the importance: Domain authentication is crucial for ensuring that your customers and chauffeurs can receive emails without any problems. If you don't authenticate your domain, there's a high chance that your emails may not reach their intended recipients.
- Contact support: To get started, send an email to email@example.com and let them know that you want to authenticate your domain for better email delivery. They will guide you through the process.
- Follow instructions: Once you've contacted Limo Anywhere support, you should follow the instructions found here. These instructions will help you add some special information called CNAME records to your DNS settings.
- How to access DNS settings: To access your DNS settings, you'll need to visit the website of your domain registrar. Look for the login or account section on their website and enter the username and password you used when you registered your domain.
- Adding CNAME records: Inside your domain registrar account, you'll find a section related to DNS settings or domain management. Look for options like "DNS Management" or "DNS Configuration." Once you find it, follow the instructions provided by Limo Anywhere support to add the CNAME records to your DNS settings. Think of these records as special codes that help authenticate your domain.
- Common domain registrar's and their instructions;
- Verify authentication: After you've added the CNAME records, your domain will be authenticated. This means that Limo Anywhere has permission to send emails on your behalf, and your emails will have a better chance of being delivered successfully.
Remember, if your domain is not authenticated, your customers and chauffeurs may experience problems receiving emails. These issues can range from emails being flagged as spam to even complete email blocks. By following this step-by-step guide and authenticating your domain, you can significantly improve email deliverability and ensure smooth communication with your recipients.
How-to Troubleshoot Email Delivery Issues: Limo Anywhere users collectively send out an average of over 200,000 emails each day. Over 99.8% of these are delivered to the end user without issue. However, email issues can arise for certain recipients. Here we will cover the most common situation.
The Benefits of Domain and Email Authentication: In today’s digital age, maintaining the security and trust of your online presence is more important than ever. That’s where domain and email authentication come in. These tools help to verify the identity of a website or an email sender, providing an added layer of security and protection against phishing, impersonation, and other forms of online fraud. Learn more…
What is a domain? Your domain is like your website's address on the internet. It's what people type in their web browsers to visit your website. For example, www.yourlimocompany.com is a domain.
What is a domain registrar? A domain registrar is the company where you bought your domain. It's like the store where you registered your website's address. Common domain registrars are companies like GoDaddy, Namecheap, or Google Domains.
What are DNS settings? DNS settings are like the instructions that tell the internet where to find your website and handle your emails. It's important